Welcome to United Trek Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cejay

Updates at StarEagleAdventures.com

56 posts in this topic

JANUARY 09

The Star Eagle Adventures IV: All The Sinners, Saints now available. Also available to download as Word file or PDF e-book.

MAY 31, 2010

StarEagleAdventures.com 3.0 launched.

* New design without frames

* Novels available as downloads only

* Lower Deck Tales: The Longest Day added

* Cry Havoc revised edition added

* Links updated

This design update was long overdue. Even though the previous design had a neat look to it, the frames simply didn't display right in most browsers and had to go. Another compromise in order to make the site simpler was to get rid of the novels imbedded in the site itself. They remain available to download as PDF ebooks and Word files and most web browsers will allow reading PDF files in the browser for those who don't wish to download the files onto their computers. The new design will also make the site easier to read on mobile devices such as the iPad.

There are still a few errors on the web site depending on which browser is being used. Hopefully most glitches will be ironed out over time.

Any comments or complaints please let me know.

EDIT: Minor Update

The web site now uses the the 'blue-bar' reminscent of the Star Eagle story covers as the navigation menu.

I like the frameless design, CeJay.  It's very clean and the lines are eye-catching and pleasing.  Not that I hated 2.0, but I think you did a great job with the design direction.

MDg

OCTOBER 17, 2010

Three Short Story Anthologies added to the Short Stories section:

* Short Story Anthology 1 - Lower Deck Tales

* Short Story Anthology 2 - Star Eagle Edition

* Short Story Anthology 3 - Star Trek Edition

Available as PDF e-books for download.

JANUARY 23, 2011

StarEagleAdventures.com has been closed down for a major review of all its content. There is currently no time frame for re-opening the site.

A number of persistent quality issues have prompted me to review and revise all the content on the website. As this is a big task I cannot say when this will be completed.

I'm wondering, too. We all tweak past stories from time to time, but shutting down your site is a big statement.

Are you sure you're not becoming your own worst critic?

Thanks for your interest and concern.

Please rest assured that this was not a decision I made lightly or suddenly. I've noticed problems for some time now and haven't been comfortable to keep most of the stories online.

I originally considered doing what I've done before, and pull only individual stories off the site. Ultimately I decided that that's too time consuming at the moment and that it made more sense to close the site.

I apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your patience in the matter.

I read your first story when I converted it into an ebook and I loved it. The characters were great, the story was great, and I want to read more.  From an editor's standpoint, the spelling was good.  The grammar had a few easily-resolved kinks in it, in the form of erroneous homophones.

If there is anything I can do to help, as an editor, let me know.

Thanks guys.

I'm working on putting the full site back up, but it might take some time until all stories are going to be available again while I focus on working on some new stuff.

UPDATE: MARCH 24, 2012

Vignette Series Two: Crossing Over is now available at StarEagleAdventures.com as an ebook in three different formats.

- PDF: For PCs, MACs and other devices.

- ePUB: For eReaders, tablets and smartphone apps.

- Mobipocket: For Kindle and Kindle app on various devices.

UPDATE: APRIL 21, 2013

In preparation for the return of the full website, StarEagleAdventures.com is currently down while undergoing maintenance.

UPDATE: APRIL 22, 2013

The full website is now back online with almost all Star Eagle novels, vignette series and short stories available in ebook formats for e-readers and Kindle.

Eagle IV: All the Sinners, Saints will become available soon.

Gibraltar likes this

UPDATE: MAY 26, 2013

All the Sinners, Saints is now available to download as an ebook in various formats, for the first time ever making all completed Star Eagle stories available for download. Also added crew file for Tazla Star and made minor design enhancements.

UPDATE: JULY 26, 2013

Not so much an update to the website but to the Star Trek: Expanded Universe article for the USS Eagle. Added a comprehensive Mission History section with links to the individual stories. Please note that this is not a full account of all stories comprising The Star Eagle Adventures but merely a history of Eagle and her missions.

For a full account of Star Eagle Adventures stories, check out the Chronology at StarEagleAdventures.com.

(Note to UT writers: UT wiki entry has been similarly updated)

UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 29, 2013

- Lower Deck Tales: Celestial Fire added.

- Short Story Anthology I: Lower Deck Tales ebook updated with Celestial Fire.

UNOFFICIAL UPDATE:

Agamemnon Voyages: The God Particle has been revised and the updated version is now available to download as PDF or ebook.

UPDATE: MARCH 14, 2014

- The Star Eagle Adventures V: Shadows in the Haze is now complete and available to download as an ebook.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor