Welcome to United Trek Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Cejay

Current & Upcoming Projects

60 posts in this topic

Eagle6c_fr_sm.png

“Hey, you mind if I ask you a question, Gunny?” 

Arik gave him a short nod to let him know to go on.

Carvalho gazed down at the blackened, soggy, smoking wreckage of the base. “You think it’s all worth it?”

“Course it is.” There was no delay in his response, he didn’t even have to consider it. “It’s all working out exactly like the general predicted. We take their base, they send units to take it back and Fourth Battalion uses the distraction to hit them where it really hurts. It’s a thing of beauty.”

But the Brazilian shook his head, looking pensive. “I mean all of this.” He made a sweeping gesture across the horizon. “The entire damn thing, you know? Goddamned planet in the middle of nowhere. Sometimes I wonder if there’s any point to all of this.”

Arik turned to regard his friend with a surprised look, not used to hearing him talk like this at all. “Well, stop wondering right now, Marine.” He spoke in his best command voice. Then his tone softened. “Look, Thi, the general knows precisely what we’re doing here and you just gotta have faith in that,” he said. “This is war and we’re fighting for our gods-given right to exist. And we’ll take this fight wherever it may lead us. We’ll beat this thing and this godsdamned, rain-cursed planet as well. But we gotta stay focused, Thi. We gotta stay strong. And we don’t go home until the job’s done.”

“Victory through strength.” Carvalho fell back onto the battle mantra their entire regiment had long since adopted.

“Oorah!”

The Star Eagle Adventures VI:
Semper Fidelis
now posting at Ad Astra and the TrekBBS

Edited by Cejay
TheLoneRedshirt likes this

Good fiction is hard to find, CJ, and I'm not picky if it's original or fanfiction. Heck, your stuff may as well be original.

Thank you for the high praise and your continued interest, Piotr.

hiatus, how come?

still, looking forward to reading it.

I've had a couple of false starts with my latest projects so I decided to take some time off from writing. I do however still have big plans for Star Eagle Adventures.

In the meantime I hope you enjoy reading Semper Fidelis if you haven't already. 

Civil-War_zpsa4klmxej.png

The man who appeared to be standing in an indistinct part of the ship looked very much like the captain of the starship Enterprise but it was unmistakable that whatever transformation had befallen his ship, had also happened to him. His bald head was sickly pale and the entire right hand side of his face was covered with seemingly implanted machine parts. A black tube connected them with the dark, equally mechanical suit he was wearing. A bright red and directed light shone from the facial modification and directly into the visual pickup.

For a moment nobody on the bridge spoke, as they stared at the sight with disbelieving eyes.

T’Cirya was the first to break the silence, her carefully neutral face showing no evidence of astonishment. “Captain Picard?”

A heavily modulated voice answered her. “I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your live as it has been, is over. From this time forward, you will service us.”

Civil War
Now posting at the TrekBBS and Ad Astra 
over the next 10 weeks.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor