Gibraltar

Almost the Bluefin?

Oh boy, she's a beauty. 

And TLR may correct me if I'm wrong, but it she does look quite a bit like an Albacore-class cutter with a regular Starfleet livery.

I have to say, I've always thought the Oberth-class is kinda funky looking but this video really makes her pop. Although I still wonder how the crew moves back and forth from the primary and secondary hulls. I suppose it has to be via those nacelle struts, though they look rather thin to support turbolift shafts, not to mention they are awfully exposed. 

Maybe the upper deck/lower deck division is more stringently enforced on these ships .... 😀

That’s some fine work right there.

I may have to hire the person who did this!

I know what you mean about the two hulls. I’ve thought about adding a connecting hull for the Oberth in my own series to get around the problem.  The hell were they thinking ?

I've seen static shots of this design, but the video was incredible! It's an upgrade over the original Oberth-class in several respects. I actually prefer this design over the Sculpin-class on which I based the Albacore-class 13 years ago.

Yes, the Oberth used the struts for access to the secondary hull. According to most sources, the secondary hull of the Oberth is comprised of a highly efficient sensor array and scientific labs. Engineering on the Oberth is in the primary hull.

The USS Johnston is different from the Oberth in several respects - engineering/hangar bay in secondary hull, more fire-power, somewhat larger, faster impulse and warp. (Oberth could only make warp 6). If it had a central neck connecting the saucer from the secondary hull, it would be perfect.

Here's a weird coincidence - my last name is Johnston. No, I don't know the artist/creator of USS Johnston.

Edited by TheLoneRedshirt

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.