Which story is your favorite Sutherland story  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which story is your favorite Sutherland story

• Shakedown Cruise
    • Rocks and Shoals
    • Ties that Bind
    • Unraveling Forceful Patterns
    • Messages from Earth

Too bad I couldn't vote for them all.  I love the crew dynamic you've set up with this series.  I was a little sad to see the crew split up, though, with the introduction of Perseus.  But they're both good crews and both make for good reading.

But if I had to name favorites, it would have to be Messages From Earth and its sequel Picking Up the Pieces.  Both expand on the events that occurred and show the further ramification of Leyton's misguided actions.  One thing that DS9 didn't show, that I'm glad you touched on, David, was the death toll.  With a complete planetary powerloss there were bound to be deaths, and it was shocking to read about two children dying in a transporter malfunction.  But it was completely believable.

Too bad I couldn't vote for them all.  I love the crew dynamic you've set up with this series.  I was a little sad to see the crew split up, though, with the introduction of Perseus.  But they're both good crews and both make for good reading.

But if I had to name favorites, it would have to be Messages From Earth and its sequel Picking Up the Pieces.  Both expand on the events that occurred and show the further ramification of Leyton's misguided actions.  One thing that DS9 didn't show, that I'm glad you touched on, David, was the death toll.  With a complete planetary powerloss there were bound to be deaths, and it was shocking to read about two children dying in a transporter malfunction.  But it was completely believable.

Ditto, and for precisely the same reasons.  ;D

I thought Messages From Earth was a terrific story. Showing us the untold story (and real suffering) behind Leyton's heinous coup. Add to that guest appearences from Pava AND the crew of the Eagle, this made for one damn fine story.

But I voted for Unraveling Forceful Patterns. I was really impressed with this one which brought new life into an average TOS episode with a fantastic re-visit to the former Nazi planet.

Thanks guys.  To be honest, while I liked writing all my stories, to be honest, my favorite story to write was probably "Ties that Bind" because it gave me the chance to play with Sito Jaxa a bit more--I thought that she was given short shrift in "Lower Decks" and I wanted to explore her friendship with the other junior officers more.  The story I'm least pleased with is most definitely "Shoreleave"--that story is definitely on the block for future revision--I'm not at all pleased with various portions of it.  Like they say, drama is easy...comedy is hard.

I have read all of the Suthy's stories and found the dynamic of the adventure and thrill to be absolutely fantastic! The way that David Falkayan has portrayed Captain Elizabeth Shelby, Commander Christopher Hobson, Sam Lavelle, Sito Jaxa, Angela Barrows, Candy Johnson, and the rest great to read about and look forward to the rest of the entertaining and thrilling stories! ;D

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this