United Trek Forums
Hyperion

Update thread

Haven - still stalled. Further progress will likely take a backseat for the time being to the final project listed here.

Interludes - I'm thinking the story about Kieran's 'arrival' in the 24th century could work as an interlude, since I really wasn't sure about how to expand the single incident into a full length story anyway. This story is something I both really want to write and really need to write, and maybe trimming it down to the essentials will help it get written quicker. It'll be longer than the traditional vignette, but it's also less daunting if I think of it as a vignette rather than a full length story.

The Good Fight - A crossover with our very own DarKush, hopefully the first of many. The story takes place near the start of the Klingon-Federation war of 2373, immediately prior to Kieran's transfer to strat-ops officer of one fleet or another. Cardassians, Maquis, and Klingons, with a dose of intrigue and betrayal on the side. Also starring Terrence Glover of the starship Cuffe, and Maquis terrorist extraordinaire Sabrina Diaz. A shout-out goes to Gibraltar for helping me figure out just how I want to start this one off. Schedule permitting, I hope to have a prologue written very soon.

This is the last actual update from the old board, and it mostly holds true still. I'm putting my 23rd century projects on hold for the time being. I've started working on the vignette; no ETA on completion, however... I can thank my school schedule for that.

I haven't seen DarKush here yet, so I'm not sure what his plans are for the crossover, but I'm ready to start working on it whenever you are, DK.

The vignette mentioned above has been titled Continuity Shift, and after a couple false starts is progressing reasonably well.

No idea when it will be finished; as I may have mentioned, this semester is proving to be my busiest yet, and I was never terribly good at time management in the first place.

Hope you all haven't given up on me just yet. ;)

Last night my computer died, and now for some reason it will no longer stay on for longer than 10 seconds or so. I don't think I lost anything, but until it's fixed, I can't get to any of my stuff either, which includes my stories and such.

The good news is that I won't be completely out of the loop; I have an old hand me down laptop that I'll be working from until/if(crosses fingers...) I get my old machine back. I wasn't all that far into Continuity Shift, so depending on how long it will take to get my desktop back, I might just start over on the laptop.

Just checking in to say hi and that I'm still here. Still haven't gotten my computer back, but I talked to the guy today - he's found a suitable replacement motherboard, so hopefully I'll get my machine back before the new year and can finally junk this antique I've been using. I was hoping to get started on Continuity Shift as promised, but my senior year of college keeps stopping by to say hello and has proven a very needy houseguest.

In the meantime, I see the rest of you have been busy. I'll have to get caught up on some reading.

Thanks. The guy should have the new motherboard in store by tomorrow, so it should be soon now!

Once I get my computer back, we should get serious about starting up The Good Fight. Sorry it's taken so long, but as you can see there's been some unfortunate complications on my end. ;)

Here's the latest, for anyone out there who may be interested:

I've officially began working on the first official United Trek Forester tale, a crossover with Dark Territory entitled The Good Fight.(As discussed above.) DarKush and I have hammered out the core of the plot and already have a couple scenes written, and work is proceeding (mostly) apace on my end.

Priority B is getting progress done on Continuity Shift. As I've probably mentioned before, the concept has grown beyond something that would fit in a vignette; I'll probably be shooting for short story length on this one. I'm hoping *crosses fingers* to have this one well under way by the time we start posting The Good Fight; this is something that really should be written before I take Kieran too far into the 24th century.

Just a bump; I'm pretty wrapped up in RL school stuff at the moment still, as I'm trying to make sure I'm still on track for graduation in May. Just thought I'd let you all know that I haven't forgotten about Captain Forester and will be returning to the writing as I can. (I know, I've said that before...)

(I know, I've said that before...)

Yes you have said that before!  >:( Really, really looking forward to reading the Kieran Forester stories, you've taken the adage 'Keep the audience wanting more' to heart!  ;) Good luck with it, I will try to sit patiently ...  ::)

LOL... and for that, I wholeheartedly apologize. Between my senior essay and a case of writer's block like you wouldn't believe... I just have had no luck whatsoever recently with the whole writing thing. Thanks for the compliments, mirandafave; I appreciate you sticking with me and I'll try not to disappoint you. ;)

Writer's block! That's no excuse!  >:(  :D. Senior Essay? Well fair enough. I'm sure I won't be disappointed come the time. Obvious that you want to it right and take some time, pride and effort in your work. So again the best of luck. I'll stick by like a fly in tar.

Hello? Hello? Oh crap! *Dodges tumbleweed*

Looking forward to Capt. Forrester...

*cringes* Yes, I know. I've been extremely remiss in my duties as of late. I told everyone I'd be writing again when the summer started, and here it is the middle of June already... *sigh*

Still having trouble getting into the writing. I've been having a crisis of confidence lately, and while I've got the nuts and bolts of a couple stories planned out, as of yet I still haven't gotten much past that stage.

Take my word for it though: I'm trying, and I will have something ready for public consumption sooner rather than later.

It's strange because you think when something is done and dusted you'll have the time. But somehow, it never does turn out that way! Anyway, good luck on the sitting down to write front. It can be really slow and even painful getting it started. And annoying as it is, sometimes the only way to do it is to actually sit down and write. Sadly, if like myself, it doesn't take for too long, especially if other concerns come along. But best of luck. I would add you shouldn't worry about having a crisis of confidence. The other guys on this site wouldn't let you in if you weren't great and people wouldn't be eagerly awaiting Kieran's arrival if there were any faults to be found. Best of luck again.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.