Welcome to United Trek Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dnoth

What should be Indy 14?

Which installment should I write/post next?   8 members have voted

1. 1. Which installment should I write/post next?

• "The Toltec"
    • "Cui Bono"
    • "The Rogue"
    • "The Symposium"

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 posts in this topic

I have several ideas for the next installment, but I'd like your input.  Here are the summaries:

The Toltec: A story I've had in the wings ever since I started this series.  It is set with the 'old (which is new...?)' Indy.  It takes place right after Windslow is returns to the ship.  The Indy visits a colony of 'spiritually advanced' humans.  An expand-your-mind episode. 

Ciu Bono: This story isn't very developed yet.  It is assumed Section 31 was ultimately behind the phasing cloak on the USS Pegasus.  Maybe it wasn't? But they are using it now and Indy finds out about it.

The Rogue: A Romulan commander has vital information for the counter 31 group.  Thirty-one, of course, doesn't want his ship to make it.  The Indy and the USS Philadelphia (along with a Romulan ship) is sent to stop him...or bring him in, depending on who one is working for.

The Symposium:  This one is a fairly recent idea.  It would take place in 2375, with the old Indy.  A Starfleet science symposium is held ransom by a Son'a terrorist group.  It would involve science personnel from several series, canon and from UT. 

So what do ya think?  Which one would you rather read next? (Just one) ...don't worry, I won't scrap the others.  ;)

I've been doing my best catching up with the United Trek series.  I've just completed Independence and finished reading the latest installment of For the Empire.  I'm reallying enjoying this series.  Aurelia and Bin Nadal are two terrific characters.  Shame all ST incarnations didn't have more of a multinational cast.

Anyway, out of all the ideas you presented, The Rogue sound like it would make for a great story.  One that I would love to see.  It would also be great to see the Philly again.  Collins is a great adversary.  A psychopath in command of a Sovereign makes for great potential conflict.

I voted for "Symposium." I like the premise of this story.

I liked it up until the word 'Son'a'.  Insurrection's one of those movies I kind of wish they would remove from canon.

MDg

I voted for Symposium.  After Prophets and Loss I've been interested to see other UT writers' take on the Son'a... or what's left of them after the Alshain cleaned house.  :)

Just one question... you referenced 2375 a couple of times.  Am I mistaken or did Aurelia get command of the Indy prior to the end of the war?

Just one question... you referenced 2375 a couple of times.  Am I mistaken or did Aurelia get command of the Indy prior to the end of the war?

I really don't have an opinion on this.

Your Indy stories have become so good, I don't even mind what you write about anymore.

As long as we get more, I'm happy.

My vote goes to Cui Bono. I'd like to see what became of this storyline, since it was never really followed up.

I really don't have an opinion on this.

Your Indy stories have become so good, I don't even mind what you write about anymore.

As long as we get more, I'm happy.

Why thank you. 

I'll leave this poll up until "For the Empire" is over (probably a few weeks).  Honestly, I just wasn't sure which one to focus on next.  I'll go ahead and make the commitment now, I'll abide by the poll. 

Thanks for your opinions!

I put in my vote for "Toltec".  It would be something of a change of pace story for the Indy and her crew before getting back to the cloak and dagger.

Ok, the results are in.  By a very narrow margin, "The Rogue" wins!  :and there was much rejoicing:  :D

Oh, btw, "The Rogue's" title was changed at the last minute to "Beneath the Raptor's Wings."

The prologue will be up soon at TrekBBS.

Great work on Independence!

Question: Did 'The Toltec' get finished? I thought it was finished. Anyways, I'd vote for 'The Rogue'. I'm a sucker for a good Romulan episonage story.

I've been away from writing for awhile. "Toltec" was finished. You should be able to find it on TrekBBS. "Rogue" became "Under the Raptor's Wings" It is also posted. Thank you for reading!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor