Sign in to follow this  
iSpeed

New Forum

Wow!

I'm very impressed with the new forum.  Michael, you've done a terrific job setting up the new site.  I also appreciate you fixing the little issue that prevented me from joining here.  I was starting to think that I hadn't even had anything to drink and you were already cutting me off! ;D

Anyway, this is a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending more time here.  One question, though.  Will any of the threads from the old forum be transfered to the new one?

Unfortunately, no.  I went twelve rounds with Yuku and they won by a technical knockout.  Yuku's claiming full ownership of the old UT forum database and does not allow people to transfer off using the data collected there.

Simple Machines does have a third-party python-based crawler, but the server we were moving to did not have a python enviroment, and the server we're on right now does not allow me shell access (which I require).  So, we're starting from zero anyway.  Besides, if I were to successfully use the crawler right now, all of the messages we've accumulated so far would be deleted in order to make this forum look exactly like the old one.  Trust me, I don't want to have to redo this forums' database all over again :)

Thanks for the compliment. :)

MDg

Um...  I didn't understand half of what you just said.  :-\  But I do get that you couldn't transfer all the old posts.  Thanks for fighting for the old forum, though.  Hope you didn't get your ear bit off.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this