United Trek Forums
dnoth

Updates

Any little tid-bits of information regarding future story ideas and production news, I'll put here.

Now in production!

*"Beneath the Raptor's Wings": Commander P'nav of the IRW Fothmar has discovered a dark secret.  Nechayev and the Counter 31 community wants him to safely make it to Federation space.  Everyone else, on the other hand, is out to destroy him.

Ideas I'm kicking around

*"The Symposium" (May 2376): A gathering of science personnel is held hostage.  I was going to have Son'a as the villains, but do you have a better idea?

*"Penance" (June 2376): A story of Windslow's stay at Jaros II.  ...Oh yeah, Ivan Cherenkov, Tai Donar, Jasmine Mendes-Glover, and Juantia Rojas were there at the same time too!  ;)  Darkush, if you wanna take the lead on this - for obvious reasons - I understand totally.

*"The Toltec" (Aug 2376): A story I have had for a long time.

*"Cui Bono (Who Benefits?)" (unknown): Involves the interphasic cloak from Pegasus.

*"Paper Tiger" (unknown): Aurelia goes home.  Family issues abound.

*"Untitled" (unknown): Aurelia and Ro have a reckoning concerning her and the Maquis.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

I just wanted everyboby to know what, in general, I have planned for the Indy.

-"Cui Bono (Who Benefits?)":  A story about the Pegasus; maybe a flashback? Or contact with a "freindly" 31 agent?

-"The Reckoning": Aurelia and Ro have a reckoning over the Maquis.

-"Paper Tiger": Aurelia goes home and deal with issues.

-"Home Port": Indy is there when Voyager returns to Earth; Controversy about what to do with tech Voyager brought from future

-"Hubris": Lore is put back together by Section 31 and become part of the Philly crew?  They use Lore to try to "capture" a Borg cube?

-"Falling Down": Aurelia & cmd. crew relived of duty; friendly fire? (set up)

-"Getting Up": Aurelia returns to Earth; bin Nadal goes to Tollen; Kimula to Andoria.

-"Pushing Back": Aurelia & crew come togther and begin resisting 31.

As I'm sure many of you have noticed, I've been out of the loop for awhile.  Life has been distracting me a lot lately.  I wish I could say I've been working on my original work, but that's not true.

Anyway, consider me on extended leave.  I'm not sure when inspiration and opportunity will come my way again.

I'm just popping my head in to say, I regret not being more active lately.  My job and other issues are consuming most of my time, lately.  (Though, if the State of Illinois continues to not pay their bills, my schedule might open up significantly.  :-\)

But I'll be around here and there. 

Thanks guys.

Hello All.  Just doing my quarterly check in.  ::)

Having a full time job and being a home owner (albeit at small home) certainly consumes a lot of time.  I'm not going to complain too loud, however, I know there are several people out there how would love to have those problems. 

Anyway, I haven't been productive at all.  I just wanted to see what up around here. 

If Paramount calls wanting to do a new series based on our crews, don't forget to call.  ;)

I'll be around later.

Thanks guys!

Ok, now that I'm back in the saddle, here are my plans for the next few months of 2377:

By the end of "Cui Bono," the Indy will be at spacedock for a couple of months.  Since Starfleet can't afford to have a crew be idle, some are temporarily reassigned. 

The next story "Nadir" will see them begin to be split up.  Here are the ones I've decided on already...

Aurellia: She is placed on 'administrative leave.'  And catches up with Ro Laren...I'll leave it at that for now.  :-X

Bin Nadal: He gets assigned to his old job in SI.  I'm not sure the plot he will be involved in.  Any ideas?

Kimula: She's sent to Earth to help out on the Pathfinder Project to communicate with Voyager.

Windslow: I haven't decided.

Faltyne: I don't know yet.

Zo'Kama: She tries to return to the Vuke to continue to help them with their plague.  Command doesn't want her to return to help them, but she's determined. 

Tang: I don't know.

Weston: BrotherBenny wants him by 2378, but I don't know what to do with him between now and then.

Everything has to be 'back to normal' by May of 2378 - When I believe BrotherBenny's "Burning Ring of Fire" takes place. 

If any of these crew members inspire a crossover story in you, by all means let me know.  I'd be happy to oblige.  ;)

About Bin Nadal? I might could use him. I have some skullduggery going on with the Cardassians, Klingons, and Alshain that would require a man of his talents. Off the top of my head, I could perhaps use him in the hunt for Garak, who is still wanted for the assassination of Natima Lang (Under the Shadows of Swords). That manhunt is going to heat up big time in 2377-2378 timeframe and I could see Bin Nadal and Bashir working together, with Jake Sisko tagging along, to bring in/down Garak.

Faltyne: Same with Nadal. I'm going to give Glover a new ship sometime in 2377 so it's possible that I could use Faltyne, because I'm sending Donar to Galen's USS Sentry.

Windslow? I might be able to work him into a story as well. Perhaps he could be reassigned to Starfleet Corps of Engineers to work on this new propulsion system. I still want to work with the Null from Pandora's Jar and might have this new propulsion system open a portal into their dark matter realm by accident. Not sure how involved I would have him in the story though, however, I'm sure I could namecheck him and give him a scene or two. Perhaps he could be based at Utopia Planitia or another site, and it would give him time to reconnect with his family.

Similar to you, I'm planning on keeping my crew broken up until at least 2378. So it will give me an opportunity to tell a wide array of stories from different perspectives, etc. Not sure about the rest, but if I have a need for them, I'll ask.

Wow, I can't believe I've not been around for over a year. 

My life has definitely slowed down (due to state budget cuts), but I can't say I'm feeling very creative either.  I just wanted to stop in and see how things were doing around here. 

I don't know if I'll start writing again or not.  I'm also a year behind the times in the UT universe. 

Sorry for the lack of communication.  I just kinda fell off a cliff and lost all motivation to write.  I do apologize for falling off the face of the Earth.  That wasn't very considerate to the rest of you. 

Thanks to all you guys for allowing me in the UT universe.  It was a lot of fun.  I loved it. 

I may be back, I'm not sure.  Assuming, of course, there is an open invitation to return in the first place. 

Again, thanks for the experience people.

Good to hear from you Dnoth. Once a member of the UT, always a member as far as I'm concerned, and I doubt anyone else would disagree. Don't feel too bad about slowing down-I mean, you put in a lot of work before your sabbatical. Also, I think we all sort of slowed down around about the same time. And since BrotherBenny has moved on, I think most of our series are roughly still in the year 2377 for the most part. So, you haven't missed all that much.

If you have any questions about the status of DT I'll be happy to fill you in. I understand how writer's block can be. I recently put aside an original novel I had been working on for years because it wasn't gelling. Just started a mystery but stopped when I realized I need to actually read mystery novels to get a feel for the genre, which means that new project is on hold for a while too.

My intention is to finish up Hero and Blooded and I'll see from there. I would like to revise the story Shadow Puppets. And I have some ideas for DT up to 2379, but little is set in stone and I don't know how long it will take to get there.

Thank you both.  I'd like to get caught up and read the recent additions to UT.  It I just do a search for forums started by you at TrekBBS, will I find everything or do I need to go to Ad Astra now?

I'd also like to try to update the wiki - http://wiki.unitedtrek.org/  - for all of us (man, will that be a job. :-\)

Good to see you becoming more active again. I couldn't quite stay away either.

I think all the UT writers except perhaps Michael continue to post their stories at the TrekBBS. However, everyone is pretty good at updating this forum with new posts or stories.

I know Gibraltar is working on a couple of stories and Darkush has two running as well but he is on hiatus at the moment, last I heard he had some computer trouble.

Michael has at least one story going at AdAstra.

I've posted a short story last year and plan to come back with a full length story in Spring.

It would also be great to get our much neglected wiki back up to speed.

Ok, I'm making my way through the stories I've missed and I'm attempting to update the wiki as I read.  Right now, I'm working on Bry _Sinclair's "Silverfin" stories.  I intend to get to everyone's and get caught up.  Luckily, I currently have plenty of time on my hands and I'm feelin' the UT groove again. ;)

I will hopefully start working on "Nadir" again soon.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.