United Trek Forums
Cejay

Current & Upcoming Projects

All The Sinners, Saints had its one year anniversary last week. (No, it's not a reason to celebrate)

I only noticed this because I visited our old home (Yuku) today to look through some of those posts. Another interesting (yet entirely irrelevant fact): I estimated completion back then to take 4 to 6 months. Ah, the naivety.

I'm currently working on the ending and as one might expect it's giving me a hell of a hard time. It doesn't help that it was never fully outlined in the first place.

The story has also grown much longer than anticipated. I wanted to reign in the ridiculous length of its predecessor (Cry Havoc), instead I'm setting a new Star Eagle word-count record.

Hopefully I finish (writing, not posting) within the next couple of months. But you know how it is with those estimates ...

After nearly 18 months I'm proud to announce that The Star Eagle Adventures IV: All The Sinners, Saints, is now complete and posted in its entirety at the TrekBBS.

After a revision process which due to the novel's overall length could take a few months, it will become available at StarEagleAdventures.com to read and to download as an e-book.

Look out for The Star Eagle Adventures EVS-2: Crossing Over coming to the TrekBBS in the new year.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

All the sinners saints was indeed a long ride but it was thrilling and a great piece of story telling and character usage. It became quite a leviathan but as a reader it was certainly worth it. Looking forwards to what ever else is in the pipeline.

After nearly 18 months I'm proud to announce that The Star Eagle Adventures IV: All The Sinners, Saints, is now complete and posted in its entirety at the TrekBBS.

After a revision process which due to the novel's overall length could take a few months, it will become available at StarEagleAdventures.com to read and to download as an e-book.

Look out for The Star Eagle Adventures EVS-2: Crossing Over coming to the TrekBBS in the new year.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS

Glad to hear it, Cejay.  I'm looking forward to the ebook version!  ;D

Due to other commitments and also in order to pursue other interests, I regret to announce that The Star Eagle Adventures is now on indefinite hiatus. I cannot say when or if the series will return.

It has been a great few years, with a lot of fun stories to write and great encouragements and feedback from many readers. My sincere thanks to everyone who found the time and interest to follow the adventures of Captain Owens and the USS Eagle.

My thanks also to all the incredibly talented writers who make up United Trek. You guys are awesome.

Wow. Really? I am sad to see this development. Obviously, you have to do what feels best for you CeJay but I am going to miss your stories. I hope the hiatus does you a lot of good. I'll be a little bit selfish and hope to myself that the hiatus is not too long but you take the time you need CeJay and do good with the time away.

I hope everything works out ok for you CeJay.  I know what you mean about needing some time off--I'm sort of doing the same thing now.  Come back when you're ready--you'll always have a place here and keep in touch with us.  When you're ready to come back, we'll be here.

I'll certainly miss your stories - you have been a prolific writer, turning out some wonderful tales. I have especially enjoyed your cross-over stories. Seems like several writers have gone on hiatus lately. There's a lot more to life than writing fan-fic. When it becomes a chore it's time to step back and do something else for a while.

I whole-heartedly agree with the above comments.  I certainly endorse the idea of writing only as long as it brings joy; not obligation. 

Thank you so much for your contribution, thus far, to our universe. 

This news sucks, but I do understand. This fanfic can take up a good bit of your time. I am curious about any ideas you might have had, if you're willing to share, about where your characters would be around the 2377-2378 timeframe. To keep them going, I might have want to include them in upcoming stories. Especially Donners and the Agamenon. Since she's so tied to the Glovers I think that it might make sense for her to be involved in their continued adventures from time to time.

CeJay, I'm sorry to hear about your series going on hiatus, but as someone whose writing frequency has been problematic lately, I can completely empathize.  I greatly value your contributions to our shared universe, and I hope that if and when you muse returns, you'll feel free to pick up where you left off.

You will be missed, sir, as will the fantastic pantheon of characters you've created.  :)

Leading up to Amaya Donners' first solo adventure, I'm re-posting her 'origin'-story from last year's Eagle Vignette Series Two: Crossing Over.

Read the short story And a Star to Steer Her By on the TrekBBS and then come back this spring to find out what happens next in the feature-length Agamemnon Voyages: The God Particle.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.