Sign in to follow this  
blacstonn

hello new in fan fiction hope you like it

newlyweds and sexually charged memories,  I can leave more to the imagination, but I thought this was free form(always thought trek could really spice it up if they wanted)  what about same sex relations??

I've got a gay character in my Gibraltar series, as do a number of the other UT authors.  I figure by the 24th century, gay/lesbian relationships would be less than no big deal.

What Sam's trying to say, and I was trying to say with a bit of humor, is that we generally have no problem with R-rated language or sexual situations if they're germane to the plot, but, and again, I can't speak for the others, I would prefer that stories posted in the "Fan Fiction" section of the forum not be PWP--Plot What Plot type smut stories.  As regarding same-sex relationships, as Sam said, they're no big deal in the 24th century.  One of the characters in Perseus, T'Pren is gay and Liz is bi-sexual, and I have one male homosexual character in Lexington--Nealo Mtole, whose orientation hasn't come out because it hasn't been germane to the plot as yet.

Also, I hope you understand that while you are more than welcome to post in the Fan Fiction section--I would like all our posters to feel free to post their works there--and they don't have to be Trek fics--if you're into Stargate, BSG in either of its flavors, or any other genre, feel free to post them, we'd love to read them--that your stories would not be part of United Trek "fanon".  I'm not trying to be a "snooty sim" here, but we're pretty much where we want to be as far as authors are concerned and not looking to expand our rolls at the present--it's often quite an adventure for us to keep everything straight continuity-wise as it is now--imagine if we were to add three, four, or more new writers!

Hey, Mike! :)  How could anyone forget Krystine and Ariel? ;)

Michael brings up a good point though!  If you haven't read Full Speed Ahead, go ahead and do so as he does a great job of working in sexual situations into his plots and really provides an excellent illustration of what I'm talking about.

Sign in to follow this