United Trek Forums
Galen4

The Double Edge

I'll give it--and all the other stories I'm behind on--a read this weekend--now that the semester is officially over with!  (Actually, I have about 7 papers left to grade and then enter in final grades on one more course to be officially done--but I've already started my catchup on reading and writing)

Of course, I'm also smoking a Boston butt roast this weekend--making some North Carolina style pulled pork--low sodium BBQ--yes, folks, it can be done--and it can be very tasty too!

I'm caught up on most people, with notable exceptions.  It's my Christmas wish to have a full handle on what's going on in our universe.  :)

You made my drool a bit with your pulled pork comment.     

No worries, David. I'm a little behind myself. I hope to make some progress this week, holiday and all.

And what D'noth said. Thanks for making me hungry. I'm trying to watch my girlish figure you know...

Morning Galen4 I have read your story about the Intrepid, fantastic work about a story set during the high-time of the Dominion War. I hope to read more of your thrilling tales as they come out! ;D

Yes, "The Double Edge"!

Chapter 8 is now up at both Ad Astra and Trekbbs.

So, I've been away for a while working on an original novel.  (I have delusions of grandeur)  It's now in the hands of a  proofreader, so I have some writing time to play with.  As promised, I'm back to completing Intrepid stories that were left hanging lo, those many years ago.

I think I've struck the right balance in my writing schedule now, so I do plan to finish DE and then move on to the follow up: "Pre Emptive Maneuvers". The original version of PE doesn't need much tweaking, so I'm expecting the rewrite process to go faster.

These installments are important ones for the series, and the events have been referenced in tales that came afterward. So I think they're worth finishing. Besides, I hate leaving unfinished work laying around.

About my own novel, I'd like to publicly acknowledge and thank my UT colleague Cejay. His work as content editor  was invaluable. I was left with a much stronger book than what I started with. So much so, the rough draft is practically an embarrassment to me now.   I will have him to thank for any success that comes from this project.

More updates as they come.

Edited by Galen4

Chapter 11 is now complete and up at Trekbbs. I should have the full chapter uploaded to Ad Astra sometime this weekend.

Chapter 12 will be the final installment of this story, but  the over all arc will complete in "Preemptive Maneuvers". 

Chapter 12, the final chapter of "The Double Edge" is now complete!

Currently posted at Trekbbs. I'm afraid I'm behind on posting the last two chapters to Ad Astra but I should have that done over the next week or so.

In the meantime, you can now view the complete story at Trekbbs. 

As mentioned in my last post, the arc  will conclude with "Preemptive Maneuvers". This will be followed by "Inevitability". 

From there, we'll move forward on the timeline to finish "Hydra's Arrow", an aborted tale that takes place well after the war and concerns UT's "Refugee Crisis / Vanguard" event.

Finally, we have a series of "episodes" that will fall under the "Gamma Year" heading. These will detail Aubrey and company's adventures in the Gamma Quadrant during the year leading up to "Treacherous Waters".

Whew. Also, watch this space for word on when my non-trek novel goes online: "Mankat: Book One, The Overthrow".

Wait a minute. What the hell am I thinking? I can't do all this stuff!

Panic attack is over, I'm all good now. Just need a few pills....  :0

That is great slate. Somebody is going to be busy.

If the fantastic Double Edge is any indication, Preemptive Maneuvers and Inevitability will be awesome.

Are we moving into an Intrepid Golden Age, I wonder?

Sweet!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.