United Trek Forums

The extended hiatus continues . . .

"I'm not dead yet!" - Soon to be dead guy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"Nothing happened. After a few moments, nothing continued to happen." - Douglas Adams

It's been an interesting couple of years; we had both my father-in-law and my father in our home under hospice care during that period. My FIL passed about 18 months ago and my father passed on January 4 of this year. The family is doing well but we're still busy dealing with personal effects, selling Dad's house, etc.

Apparently, writing is not like riding a bike. More like falling off of one. When you get away from writing (and vice-versa), it's easy to become gun shy. I've ideas a-plenty but nothing is flowing from the gray matter to the little computer screen. I've gone back and re-read some of the orphan stories that languish on the Trek BBS. Some are worth salvaging and completing. With others, I have searched (without success) for the delete button. I need to catch up on reading your stories also. I'm WAAAY behind!

All that to say, I am doing well and will write again at some point. If any of you want to borrow characters from the Bluefin, please feel free. I think they're getting bored, sitting around the old cutter with nothing to do.

TLR

Hey man, good to hear you are doing well all things considering. The beauty of writing fan fic is that we can step away from it anytime and also come back whenever we rediscover that elusive muse, as a number of us have demonstrated over the years and even very recently.

Take your time and I'm sure one day, sooner or later, you'll be back to enriching the UT-verse with those terrific characters and stories of yours.

I understand where you're coming from Redhshirt.  I'm in the process of slowly catching up too.  Re-reading old stories does help for me at least--after a while, the characters start talking to me again.  I'm glad you're doing well with all that you're dealing with, and, when you're ready and that elusive muse returns, we look forward to reading more of your stories.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.